Friday, June 15, 2007

Almost done with the dossier

Well, I can honestly say, we are almost done with the dossier. We have visited the psychologist, doctor, two different police stations, CPA and Property Appraiser's office. We have filled out and got all the paperwork needed. We also received our passports in only 3 weeks (we had to expedite them though). On 6/6, I sent out the first batch of paperwork to the secretary of the state (SOS) to be apostilled. Hopefully we will receive them back sometime next week, but I know they are backed up. We are going to my aunt's tomorrow night to have a ton of papers notarized, then I will send them out on Monday to the SOS to be apostilled. Our home study is done, typed up and in the mail to us. Once I receive that along with some of the other papers needed from them for the dossier, I will send the third and final batch of papers to be apostilled. Our home study agency will also be sending our written home study to the USCIS, then it will be several weeks (or months) before we get their approval. We should be paper ready (term used in the adoption world) in a few weeks. I almost don't know what to do with myself. Getting everything ready for the dossier kept me busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So is this it? Do you travel to Russia now or do you have to wait for the paperwork to be finialized or approved? What are the next steps?