Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What does a screaming child plus a packed SUV equal?

A roadtrip with a migraine. At least I'm predicting he will be screaming most of the 5 hours of driving that we have ahead of us tomorrow. Don't worry, I packed 1000 pack container of Tylenol Extra Strength. Hopefully it will do the trick. We are headed to Savannah tomorrow for a little 4 day mini vacation. Over the last 9 months (or so) I have become amazingly good friends with another girl who also adopted from Russia. They brought home their little girl (Sabrina) in July of last year and she is only 3 months older than Bryson. Bryson and Sabrina are so much alike that it's scary. They live in North Carolina, so the half way point between us is Savannah. I'm looking forward to finally meeting them. She has been a great resource, full of advice and most everything I went through with Bryson, she had already gone through the same thing with Sabrina. It should be fun!

On Monday, Tanya and Oliver were in town, so I took off early and we went to visit them at their hotel. We swam in the pool for awhile (okay, I mostly chased Bryson around the pool). Then we went up to their room and let the boys play. Bryson was kind enough to show Oliver where the pots and pans were. Tanya was probably wishing she had some of my Tylenol. They are almost 6 months apart, but from the back, you would never know the difference.

3 comments:

Christen L said...

Aww. Have fun!! :)

I'm so jealous everyone gets to meet you all. Hopefully we can meet up someday soon, too.

Troy and Rachel said...

Have a great trip!! I love the photo in the post below!

Deb said...

Hope you're having a good time on your mini vacation.
Cute picture!