Thursday, March 8, 2007

Our first post

After reading many different blogs about others' adoption experiences, I was inspired to start a blog of our own. It is a good way to keep everyone updated on what is going on with us. Though I can't guarantee how often I will post on here, but I will try. This blog will be from the both of us, though I doubt Shane will ever post on here. He doesn't even know I have created this. Guess I better tell him tonight.

Some of you know and some of you don't, but we are not able to have a child biologically. It has been a very long road and that was the outcome. Needless to say, it's not the outcome we were praying for. Please don't ask why we aren't able to, just trust me when I say we can't. It's a very personal situation that we don't want to share with the world. June of this year will have been 3 years since we started trying. It has been the most emotional, stressful time of our lives and I would never wish infertility on our worst enemies. It consumes your life and it takes a toll on yourself and your marriage. It's hard when everyone around you is having babies, most of which are unplanned. I'm not saying that they don't love their children, just sometimes it's unfair. It's hard to go to little kids birthday parties and I have completely banned going to baby showers. I know that might sound selfish, but that is the best way I know how to deal with it. I have asked god so many times what we did to deserve this. But there are no answers to why this is happening, it's just part of life. Lucky us! Some of you have asked why do we want children so bad. We have both always imagined being parents. We want to be able to give the same love and support that both of our parents have always given us. We can only hope to be as good of parents to our children as our parents were to us. If you can't tell by now, our mothers mean the world to us. Well, I am getting quite emotional as I am typing this, so I will post again tomorrow.

No comments: