Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you for all the support. It is great to know that I am not the only who felt that way the first time they met their little one and that it is completely normal. I just am upset with myself now because I missed that day to truly spend time with him. Now I look at his pictures and I keep asking myself what was I thinking!?! He is the sweetest thing ever and my love for him grows each day. He was meant to be our son. It is wonderful that he bonded so well with Shane since he has probably seen few if any males in his lifetime. I know my time will come. Everyone warned us that the wait between trips would be so much harder than the wait to receive a referral. Boy...they were not joking! We miss him like crazy and it's only been a week since we last saw him. We do have some things to keep us busy in the next few weeks. On December 1st, we are having a yard sale to help raise some funds to bring him home. Then on December 9th, my family is planning on throwing me a baby shower. Maybe next week, I can clean up his room to take some pictures and post them on here. Right now his nursery is a mess. We have been using it to store all the packing items for the trips.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Christen L said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a wonderful thing to be thankful for this year :)

Anonymous said...

Don't be upset with yourself over your emotions, going to Russia to meet your child without the support of family is incredibly HARD. After reading through your journey - you are quite normal. Give yourself a break. The important part is is that you feel he is the one for you and you miss him!!!! I wish you speedy returns.