Saturday, November 17, 2007

1st Trip continued

Like I said in the last post, Tuesday's visit went much better. Bryson even seemed to be a different person during this visit. He has really attached to Shane and I admit that made me a little jealous, but I know my time will come. It was actually great to see him attach to Shane since there are no men at this orphanage, so he is not familiar with them. After our visit, we went back to the hotel to meet up with T & H. We then went to dinner and went to the market to get some drinks and snacks. Wednesday morning, we signed the agreement to adopt (or whatever it is called) and gave him his name: Bryson Aleksandr. At 3p, we headed off to the orphanage for our last visit. This visit was the best. We spent 2 hours with him and we had so much fun. He is really not that interested in toys, but we will change that. He is teething and enjoyed chewing on the toy cell phone we brought him. He enjoyed us building things with the blocks so he could knock them over. His favorite color appears to be yellow. He would only grab for the yellow blocks and stacking cups. He is only able to take a few steps while holding our hands. He would hold Shane's hands so tight while he walked that the top of his tiny fingers would turn white. We were able to bring him to his room that night. It was so hard to leave him there. It took me a few days to realize that he was meant to be my son and I fell in love with him all over again. I am a little biased, but he is the most adorable little boy ever. He has the most beautiful big brown eyes and extremely long eyelashes. I can't begin to tell you how many times we looked at his pictures in the hotel room and on the planes. I must say, he is quite the little picture taker. Most times he would look right at the camera when I was taking his picture.

Thursday morning we were to meet in the lobby of the hotel and we headed to the airport. We landed back in Moscow around 9:30a. We originally had a 10a appointment for our 8 doctor medical, but we we met up with one of our coordinators, she said the clinic was closed that day. She was able to get us a 4p appointment at another clinic. By the time we dropped T & H off at the international airport, drove to the Marriott and checked in, it was already noon. We had lunch and laid down for about an hour, then it was off to the doctors. The only thing I can say about the 8 doctor medical: interesting. It took almost 3 hours and we didn't get back till around 8p. We had planned to sight see that day, but because of the later doctor appointment, we didn't get to.

We did get to see snow for the first time. I can't begin to tell you how cold it was in Novo. We have never really been out of the country, so this trip was a little bit of a culture shock. Russia is very different than the US and you have to just embrace it and go with the flo. Trust me though, that is not always easy to do.

We are not really sure how long it will be in between trips. She said she will do her best to try and get us in before Christmas, but we really don't know. We will keep praying and crossing our fingers. That would be the best Christmas gift ever. If I thought waiting for a referral was hard, waiting to see him again will be even harder.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Marie - I am so very happy for you and your husband. It is wonderful that all seems to have worked out beautifully in the end.

Can't wait to hear more details about the trip and especially to see pictures of your little guy!

Best of luck in getting the speedy turnaround that many in Novo seem to be getting these days.

Valerie

LC said...

Marie~

I'm so happy that everything is working out so well for you. I love the name you've picked out. I cant wait to see photos of your little man.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Marie,

I'm so glad the next visits were better! I found myself falling more and more in love with Owen the more we saw him and then the longer we were apart. It only continues to grown once your child comes home!!

Owen did the same thing with blue cups and rings!! He now plays with every color though he still has a little bit of a preference for blue sometimes :)

I remember staring at Owen's pictures all the way home and every day we were apart. I know you can't wait to hold that precious little one again. I pray your wait goes by quickly and you can bring him home soon!!!
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys and I'm glad things went well. I ca't even imagine the emotions you were going through. And I know it was hard for you to leave him there. But He will be home sooner than you know it. I can't wait to see him in person. I love ya and miss you!
Michele

JennStar said...

Sweetie, I am praying with you!! God has such a perfect timing and I pray that He would see great purpose in allowing you to head back to Bryson by Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Marie, I am sitting here crying as I read your blog. I'm so happy for you and Shane. I can't wait to meet Bryson! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers (as I always do).
Love you,
Katie