Friday, August 8, 2008

6 months Gotcha Day

Bryson,

Six months ago today, you were placed into our arms. I can't believe it has been six months already, but in the same sense, I can't believe it's only been six months. There was a time when we weren't sure if we would ever have the chance to be parents. Now I look at you and I realize how lucky we were. The wait for you was hard, but it made us want and appreciate you more. I can't begin to describe the amount of joy you have brought into our lives. Before you came along, we would often talk about all the things we wanted to do with you and the places we wanted to take you, except now we actually get to do those things. The memories we have created together over the last six months are ones I will cherish forever. Your smile lights up the room and your hugs melt my heart. As I sit and look at pictures from our trips, the change in you is amazing. I almost don't recognize the baby boy in those pictures anymore.

You love sweets, being outside, water, books, blocks, your kitties, riding in your wagon/car/bike, throwing everything in the garbage (and I do mean everything), putting toys away than dumping them back out, waking your daddy up on the weekends. I love seeing your smile first thing in the morning, laying you to bed at night, the look on your face when I pick you up from daycare, the way you move my arms out of the way so you can crawl into my lap, when you pat my back while giving me a hug, your kisses, your million funny faces, the way you look for me in a crowded room. It's been amazing to see you grow, develop and change right in front of our eyes. You're the most amazing and special little boy. We feel so blessed to be your parents.

Love always,
Mommy

2 comments:

Christen L said...

Aww Marie. That is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I love it! I am so looking forward to the day that we get to experience those same feelings!