Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Yesterday was my mom's 50th birthday. Yes, she is still young and looks amazing. My mom is one of my best friends and we don't go a day without talking (some days we talk several times). She has been an amazing support system through every stage of my life. I couldn't have asked for a better mother and I hope to be the same type of mother to Bryson. She is amazing with Bryson and anyone that treats him that good, has a plus in my book. The Sunday before last (the 10th) I threw her a surprise 50th birthday plus I added my parent's 25th wedding anniversary (which is the 20th). It was very hard to hide something like that from my mom, but for the most part we succeeded. The morning of the party she started suspecting something, but the party still turned out great. Here are a few pictures of Bryson at the party:



Stuffing his face with sweets


Hula-hooping

My parents are in Washington DC right now. Lucky for them, they got to celebrate her birthday there and will be flying home on their anniversary. My sister is staying with us while they are gone and school started back today. It's her first day of high school and she was so nervous. Where did my baby sister go?

I forgot to mention that two weeks ago Bryson started a new daycare. I wasn't crazy about a few things at his old daycare and had started looking at new daycares. The week we went to Savannah, we had decided on a daycare and planned to register him there once we got back from our trip. While in Savannah, his current daycare called and say that they will no longer be offering daycare to the children ages 3 and under. Needless to say, once we got back, I registered him at the new daycare and he started there on 8/4. On his first day there, we walked in the building and he walked into his class without looking back. That is a huge difference from the other place where he cried EVERY day that I dropped him off and his mood was not good most of the day there. When I picked him up, the teacher said he had such a good day and didn't cry once. That was such a huge relief for me and meant that changing daycares was the right thing to do.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!

So glad the new daycare seems to working out, it is such a relief to know your child is happy--nothing worse then that guilt when they are crying as you leave!

Congrats on the anniversary, as usual your pictures are fabulous.
He is such a handsome little man!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Good thing he had the Hula Hoop to work off some of the sweets! Happy Birthday to your mom! Glad the new daycare is working out much better for you.

Anonymous said...

I want to Thank you for all your hard work on the surprise party. It was a wonderful day. You have become such a loving caring young women and an Great mother, I am so lucky to have you in my life and so proud of you. I also love my little pumpkin he was the life of the party.

Love Mom