Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our weekend

We had a very good weekend. My MIL came up for the day on Saturday. We went to lunch, the park and ended the day with a trip to Toys R Us. We went to look for some gift ideas for Bryson's birthday next month. I am not sure who enjoyed it there more, Shane or Bryson.

On Sunday, we (along with my mom, brother and sister) went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for my brother and sisters birthday. It was SO HOT there! Bryson did really well, but was not a fan of any rides except for the carousel. We went on several and he freaked out on them. We were actually on the ET ride when it broke down. Bryson was already screaming by then and some workers came to us to let us know that they were going to try and get it running again. I told them that they had to find a way to get us off the ride because Bryson was getting more and more upset. So they took us off the ride and through the backlot. I guess we got the VIP tour. Once we got off that particular ride, some of the characters (woodpecker, Scooby, shaggy) had came out to sing and dance. Once he saw them, it took Bryson no time to forget what just happened and he got so excited and started dancing. We are having family pictures taken on Saturday, so my mom decided to buy us Thing 1, Thing 2and Thing 3 shirts to wear for a few pictures. I was pretty surprised Shane agreed with it, but he still has a few days to change his mind.






Yesterday morning Bryson had his Upper GI test done. He wasn't able to have anything to eat or drink that morning, so he was getting a little cranky while we were waiting. When we walked into the x-ray room, I could see in his eyes that he was getting nervous. As soon as I laid him on the table, he flipped out. Nothing is more heartbreaking than having to hold your child down when you know he is so scared. He would only take one sip of the drink. I knew that would happen. I had this test done as a teenager, so I know the stuff is not very good tasting. They were able to take a few x-rays, but not as many as they hoped. I will keep you posted on the results.

I have to say I saw two great attachment signs yesterday that make me smile on the inside. While in the x-ray room, I needed to put on the vest so I handed Bryson to the technician so I could put it on. He immediately started to get upset and reached his hands back out to me. Later in the afternoon, I decided to bring Bryson up to Shane's work to visit everyone. Bryson walked in the front door all proud and as soon as we walked in, 3 of the guys came out of their offices and were saying hi to Bryson. As soon as he saw these guys, he turned around, ran to my legs and was trying to climb up them. It is such a wonderful feeling when you see progression that most others would not understand.

2 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

Those pics are great! I had no idea those cute characters were at Universal. I think my boys would have fun there. we tried Sea World a couple months ago and it was too much for Jadon.
Maybe we can meet up in Orlando some time?;)
-Penny

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Marie,
I am so glad for you that little man is showing you such great attachment signs! that is so awesome!! Love the photos and hope is head is doing better!
Amy