Friday, October 9, 2009

Two years ago today

I received a call from the director of Adoption Options telling me he had a referral for us. It is a amazing the range of emotions you can get when you receive "the call." He told me a few details and said I would receive an email shortly from him with a picture and medical information. I remember refreshing my email at least a hundred times in that five minute wait that seemed like an hour. I couldn't wait for Shane to open that email and my heart stopped when I saw it in my inbox. I clicked open and immediately scrolled down to the picture before I read anything and at that moment, I fell in love. I thought he was absolutely beautiful and dressed so adorably. I then called Shane to tell him the news and he felt the same way. After that I called both of our moms and asked them if they wanted to see pictures of their future grandson. It's was an incredible day that I will always remember and cherish.

3 comments:

Christen L said...

Aww. Made me get a little teary reading this. Can not believe how time has flown!!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Incredible how time moves... 2 years. And he is still adorable, beautiful, perfect.. Congrats!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

What a great memory! It is so much fun to reflect on all of the details of the journey! Hard to believe it has already been 2 years for you all! I hope you're doing well!