Friday, June 27, 2008

20 months old

I can hardly believe that my baby will be 2 in four months. Where does the time go? I joke all the time that I wish he could stay this little forever. You should see the looks I get from Shane. Next Thursday we have the appointment with our social worker for our first post placement report. It's crazy to think that he has already been with us for 20 1/2 weeks. He seems to be doing well. We still have our days, but they are getting better. I still think his favorite word is "no." He loves to hear how many times we can say it in an hour span. I contacted our local Early Steps program to have Bryson evaluated in all areas with my biggest concern in speech. We have our evaluation appointment scheduled for 7/16.


A few have asked if we have ran the liver tests yet, but after the hospital stay, I wanted to postpone them for awhile. I called his GI doctor and asked to take a look at any tests or x-rays that were ran in the hospital to let us know if she still feels additional tests need to be ran. I am waiting on her call back. We still are struggling in the food department. He continues to turn his nose up at most table food. He occasionally tries a new food, but it usually ends up in my hand within seconds.


He seems to be doing well in daycare. His class is 18 months - 2 years. I am not sure if he is the youngest, but he is definitely the smallest. His teacher's have told me not to worry about him because he walks around like he owns the place and usually picks on the biggest kid there. Figures! I took him for another haircut the other night. He screamed and kicked the whole time. That's the exact reason I had been putting it off. My son is not scared of the Easter bunny like most children, but getting a haircut is a different story.

7 comments:

Christen L said...

I love hearing about the day to day stuff. You are a full blown Mommy. All the struggles and triumphs. :) Pictures of the new haircut anytime soon? hint hint. lol.

Deb said...

They grow so fast. He sounds like he keeps you moving and most likely laughing often.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I can't believe it is already time for your post-placement report! Time flies, doesn't it? I'm glad he is doing well with daycare, too!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I can't believe it is already time for your post-placement report! Time flies, doesn't it? I'm glad he is doing well with daycare, too!

Kris said...

Wow PPR already! Geez that is fast, I can't believe we will be getting ready for our 2yr PPR for Maks-where does it go?

Glad to hear he is doing well in day care, best wishes with the EI eval!!

Beth said...

Boy, oh boy,do I remember the "no" days with Luca! It does pass :) Wow, can't believe it is already time for your first PPR - time flies! Bryson sounds just like Luca when it comes to haircuts - that too passes :)

Ryan and Amy said...

It is so true that they grow so quick. Bryson is so adorable and glad to hear he's doing well at daycare.