Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

To a wonderful husband and father. Happy 1st father's day. You are an amazing man and an amazing father. Like many others, you had very little experience with children before Bryson entered our life. You had never fed, dressed, bathed, babysat or changed a child's diaper. You have learned so much in the 4 months that we've had him. Though sometimes you drive me crazy, I wouldn't have picked anyone else in the world to raise a child with. Bryson might not biologically be yours, but it's not possible for him to be anymore like you! I look forward to spending MANY more father's days with you.







To a wonderful dad and pops. I couldn't ask for a more caring father. You have been a wonderful role model my entire life and now you are an amazing grandfather ("pops") to my son. For that, I am forever grateful. You tend to keep to yourself and because of this you never said much through the whole infertility and adoption process, but once we left for our 2nd trip to bring Bryson home, you forever changed. I get joy out of seeing your face light up when Bryson enters the room.



My grandparents have a house on a lake about 45 minutes from us that is available for the family to use. Shane and my dad decided they wanted to go up there for Father's day. Us, my brother and my sister headed up there Saturday late afternoon and stayed the night. We swam a little when we got there. Then on Sunday, my parents, my dad's friend, his daughter, my friends and their 3 kids came up. We BBQ, swam, rode on the boat, went wakeboarding, tubing and rode the jet ski's. It was a really fun day till the rain rolled in after lunch and didn't let up for most of the day. Despite being rained out, we all had a nice father's day.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you alll enjoyed Father's Day. That's one very loved little boy.

Christen L said...

Aww such a sweet post. Glad you had a great time on Shane's first Father's Day! :)

ps - Bryson is getting to be such a cute little cocoa bean. The Florida sun sure has kissed him well. ;)

Christen L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

What a very special Father's Day this was for you all!