Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


It's hard to believe that it is now 2009. Where did the year go? 2008 was a great year for us, full of wonderful memories. I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

Both Shane and I had to work yesterday, but last second we had decided to drive over to Sea World after work since we have season passes. We dragged my sister along since she was here watching Bryson yesterday (his daycare closed early). We had fun, but they didn't have all their normal shows going on so there wasn't too much to do. We walked around, rode a couple of rides and let Bryson play in the kids area. They were having fireworks at midnight so we were trying to stick around for that, but we were getting bored and Bryson was getting cranky. Around 11p, we were sitting at a table while B was in the stroller. We turn our heads for a moment, next thing we know, B is on the ground with the stroller on top of him screaming. He must have leaned over and the strolled flipped. He was pretty upset by the whole thing, so we decided just to head home. I drove and within minutes of leaving, all 3 of them were asleep. So yes, at midnight, I was the only one awake to ring in the new year. Do you have any idea what time my son was up this morning, 7:30a. Yes you read that right. No matter what time that child goes to bed, he is awake between 7a-7:30a. How does he do that???

2 comments:

Christen L said...

Cute post! B looks like such a big boy in that picture. Hope you have a New Year filled with lots of love and laughter. I'm guessing you will. ;)

Kris said...

Sounds like a fun way to ring in the new year! Don't worry I was the only one awake as usual, but I had both boys laying next to me sleeping like angels, can't ask for anything more!
Happy New Year and here's to a wonderful and peaceful 2009 for you all!