Thursday, January 22, 2009

My wild child...literally

I start to create so many posts in my head, but can't seem to find the time to type them on here before I forget them. Yes, I have a mommy brain.


At home, Bryson is attached to the hip. There is not much I can do without him wanting me to carry him or him walking on my heels. I can't even go to the bathroom without him coming in with me. Outside of the house (for the most part) is another story. If we are somewhere (Chuck E Cheese, park, mall), I can't get B to stay with me or walk with me. He is usually off running and not looking behind. I know eventually he will look for us, but it's gets frustrating when I see other kids behaving and staying near their parents while my child continues to get farther away as I'm yelling his name. I'm the mother who has to stay right behind their child at all times with fear that if I didn't, he would walk right out the door and not think twice about it. It makes conversing difficult on playdates. How do you do it? How do you get your child to stay close by?

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I like the term "mommy brain"! Bryson will learn as he gets older to stay closer to you. I think part of it may just be asserting independence as well as PI. It's so hard to tell. Just keep loving on him like you do and I'm sure everything will work out fine!

Kris said...

I agree with the previous response as well, probably a combo. Definitely common for kiddos his age to do that, excitment gets the best of them. Alek used to be like that, he still can be at almost five, but he knows when I say get over here he better (though he definitely has the guy gift of selective hearing.
It is a tough age all around and you have to stay on top of them just like you are doing. You will get through it. I used to think people who used those wrist leashes with their kids were odd, now I know why!