Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No, mine and Bob the Builder

These are Bryson's recent favorites. He has learned the words "No" and "Mine" and oh what joy they are. As cute as he sounds when he says "no", the often used word is not always fun. It is helpful now when eating, drinking are playing because he will tell us no if he doesn't want something or want to do something. He also now uses the "no" word when we ask him if he wants to take a bath, go to bed or to try some of our dinner. Mine, everything is "mine." We can be drinking and he will take our drink and say "mine."

I used to enjoy bragging that my son didn't have any interest any watching the TV. I also used to say that on the other hand, I wish he would watch it for 5 minutes to give me a little break. I was just kidding, I don't need a five minute break anymore. Really, I don't need a break ever if it would mean I didn't have to watch Bob the Builder for hours straight every night. Yes, this is Bryson's latest craze. It all started last week when he pulled a Bob the Builder out of the DVD cabinet and handed it to me. I have put in these DVD many times over the last 6 months or so and Bryson has shown no interest in it, so I figured this time would be no different. Who was I kidding? He sat and watched the whole DVD then told me "more Bob." Please tell me who the genius was that named him Bob so that every toddler was sure to be able to say his name. Now every day when I pick him up from school, he runs straight into the living room yelling Bob over and over. He has to tell Bob bye-bye anytime we go anywhere. He even asks for Bob while we are driving. Give me a few more days and I will know all the words by heart.

This is the joys of toddlers, right???

3 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh yes - we hear Mine all the time. Even when I explain something is actually mine, it's still his!! As for Bob, well, I don't get Bob, I get Thomas or Elmo. All the time!! Yup, the joys of toddlers!!

Mark and Sinziana said...

Diego hasn't learned mine yet, but I get the "No, mommy, no!" quite often! Give him some time, once you introduce him to other things Bob may go to the past... Diego had his Elmo time, but now it is all about "ninis" (an episode of LIttle Einsteins with dinosours), "go, go, go" (Go, Diego, go), and "ho, ho" (Ni, hao Kailyn - chinese version of Dora). I really like wonder pets, so I am trying to get him hooked to that show, the episodes are just 10 minutes and then he doesn't get hooked for ever!

Beth said...

Oh, yes...'mine' and 'no' - gotta love the words they learn so quickly :) Luca was a Bob fan back in his younger years. Jax is a HUGE Backyardigans fan...and yes, Nick and I have caught ourselves humming the opening song. Enjoy the toddler times, they are so funny (and exasperating at times) at this age - I just love it!