Saturday, April 4, 2009

Some things I've learned...

Some things that I have learned since becoming a mommy:
  • I've learned to cook dinner with a child hanging onto my leg.
  • I've learned to get used to Bryson joining me while I use the bathroom.
  • I've learned to multi-task while driving. I know it's not safe, but when you have a child screaming in the back for his drink/snack/music, etc, you get what he wants (and quick).
  • I've learned every song on his music CDs.
  • I've learned not to open the dishwasher in front of B unless I want him to help unload it (regardless if I am loading it, he is always trying to unload it).
  • I've learned to take the battery out of his power wheel (since there is no shut off button) unless I want to chase him down the street every night.
  • I've learned to accept the fact that I will never get to sleep in past 7:30a.
  • I've learned that I won't be able to do my makeup in peace. There will be little hands reaching into my makeup drawer the whole time. Most times, some of the makeup gets thrown into the tub by B.
  • I've learned that bribing my child with candy is terrible (but it works).
  • I've learned that two year olds have an opinion!
  • I've learned that even though your child owns LOTS of toys, he will most likely prefer the pots and pans (see Favorite Photo Friday #53).
  • I've learned that it is ok for my son to get dirty or get something on his clothes (ok...maybe I haven't learned that one yet).
  • I've learned that even though you try to catch your child in mid fall, you can't always catch them.
  • I've learned that saying "pay attention" will be part of my daily vocabulary (my son likes to look behind him while walking and let's just say, he has ran into many things).
  • I've learned to cut B's hair myself and have to trim it about every 2 weeks.
  • I've learned that there is so much more girl's things (clothes, shoes, toys) at every store.
  • I've learned not to bring my laptop out when B is around, otherwise he wants to bang on the keys.
  • I've learned not to walk through the center of our mall (where the carousel is) unless I have $2 on me.
  • I've learned not to take B grocery shopping unless I want to push around the HUGE car shopping cart.
  • I've learned that being a mommy is the most rewarding job ever!

3 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It's amazing how much things change when you become a mommy! But it is soooo worth it, isn't it?? :) I can't even go to the bathroom by myself anymore--S grabs a toy or several toys and comes in with me! I think it is hilarious! :) I hope you all are doing well!

Troy and Rachel said...

I love your post!! I love your one about multitasking when driving!!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what a great list! i hope you've learned, amongst all that, what a great mommy you are!! :)
Amy