Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Once again, I am little late on posting. I had a very nice Mother's day weekend. My MIL got off a cruise at the port near us early Saturday morning, so she stopped by our house for a quick visit on her way home. Later that afternoon we went to my grandparents lakehouse and barbecued with my aunt, uncle and cousins. On Sunday, my parents, brothers and sister joined us at our local water park. We all really enjoyed ourselves and of course Bryson was in heaven because he was surrounded by water. I think he may be part fish. B also got me this wonderful book (courtesy of my mom) full of pictures of him and I only.

This was my second Mother's day, but it was just as special as last years. I feel so blessed and fortunate to be B's mother. All the heartaches of our infertility, adoption bumps, etc are such a distant memory now. I feel like each day my love for him grows and deepens. He truly makes my life complete (though I still want a daughter). His laughs, giggles, faces, moods all bring such joy to my life. I almost cannot remember what my life was like before he was here. He keeps me on my toes every second of the day and his teachers say the same thing.

He is a great example of a mommy's boy, especially in recent weeks. Since we have gotten back from NC, B has been attached to my leg…literally. There is not much I can do without him by my side. He won't let anyone really hold him or do much for him, even poor daddy who is struggling with this. He walks around the house yelling mommy. If Shane even tries to change his diaper, I hear him upstairs yelling "mommy, mommy."

I also want to say congrats to my friends Amy who just brought home their beautiful son LM and Ann who had a successful first trip meeting her son!

2 comments:

PattiL said...

I second everything you said about having a great mothers day, and wanting a little girl. We hope to go back in 3 years but not sure if we can afford it. If not I rather have daniel than no child!

Hunter and Michael said...

Happy belated Mother's Day. I think I was on the plane that day.

I am not even on my first child and think if I want a boy or girl later. Sheesh, maybe just need to get through the next two months.

In Vlad, it is taking about 2 months usually. We are thinking we might travel maybe mid July, keeping our fingers crossed!!!!