Thursday, May 28, 2009

Longer with us

Bryson spent 470 days in a hospital and baby home in Novosibirsk, Russia. As of today, he has spend 475 days with us. It is a huge thing that he has now been with us longer than he was in Russia.

My baby is now 31 months old and continues to grow before our eyes. He picks up on things quickly which is why we can't do much around him unless we want B to copy us. He loves to inspect things and to see how they work or operate. We might have a future engineer on our hands.

I haven't tackled the potty training yet. I hope to do so in the next few weeks. Every week I say that I will start next week, but it hasn't happened yet. Still trying to decide how I want to go about doing it. His eating hasn't changed one bit. I also plan in the next couple of weeks to just basically offer him an actual meal and if he doesn't eat it, then he goes without food. I know that this will cause lots of tantrums and crying which is right I am not ready to deal with it just yet.

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

Doesn't it feel great to say he's been with you longer?!?!

As for meals, Daniel started acting out quite a bit at mealtime once he realized it wasn't going away and i ended up buying a highchair and putting him in it and even went as far as offering him VERY little on a plate and once that was done let him ask for more. This seemed to empwer him a bit so he ate more. The first time I set his plate down with 3 pieces of cut meat, 1 small spoonful of potatos, and 3 green beans he actually looked at me like "Are you kidding?" But he ate it and asked for more. Eventually he got the hang of it. I seriously think all the food overwhelmed him at first!! I hope it works out for Bryson and he gets the hang of mealtime soon.