Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My trip to NY and I HATE DELTA

I had a great time in NY. It was much needed girl time and I was able to see one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in a few years. I had been promising her since our freshman year in college that I would come visit NY, so the trip was much overdue. It is very different up there. I didn't get to see any broadway shows or shop too much. I was on a budget because of this adoption. We walked so much that we were exhausted by the end.


The Brooklyn Bridge


Rockefeller Center


The trip home on the otherhand was TERRIBLE. On Sunday, the weather around the country was bad. I showed up at 2:30p for my 3:45p flight. At that point they had cancelled 80% of the flights and delayed the rest. They originally said we would fly out at 9p. So I sat at my gate for a long time and only got up once to go to the bathroom. Well about 5:50p I decided to check the board to see if it said anything new and it said my flight was currently boarding at a different gate, so I ran over there. When I got there, there were 3 people in front of me that she let on, then she left for a minute. When she came back, I tried giving her my ticket and she said the plane weighed to much so they wouldn't let me on. I was so mad, I asked to speak to a manager. From the moment he came over, he was a complete asshole to me. He swears he called my name over and over and told me I must have not been paying attention. Trust me, I paid attention. Why on earth would I intentionally miss my flight. He walked away with no sorry or other suggestions. So I went back to the girl and asked if there were anymore flights to Tampa. She booked me on a flight at 8p that had a connection in Atlanta. We didn't end up getting out of NY till 9p. We landed in ATL about 10:50p and had to sit on the runway for 30 mins because they didn't have a gate ready. When I got off, I ran to the next gate and they told me (and others) I couldn't get on because I didn't get there quick enough and they filled the plane with standby's. That was the last flight out that night. Needless to say I was so upset. This meant I had to sleep in the airport by myself. They were lots of others who got stuck there over night though. They rebooked me for the only flight they had available on Monday, which was at 8:30p. This was insane. So I went back up and asked if they had anything flying into Orlando earlier than that and I got a 11:30a flight. I barely got any sleep that night. I got into Orlando at 1p, Shane picked me up, then we had to drive to the Tampa airport to get my luggage. I finally got home about 4p, went straight to bed and didn't wake up till Tuesday morning. Needless to say, I don't think I will ever fly Delta again. I have never met so many rude people. I plan on writing them a nasty letter.


I haven't heard anymore about the referral. I am trying to patiently wait and it's not easy.

4 comments:

JennStar said...

Oh my goodness. That's terrible. I'm glad you had a great time and that you are back safely. You should definitely write them a letter. And you need to point out that youa re adopting from Russia and thus, will have quite a bit of traveling to do over the next few months and won't be using them. Hopefully that will get you a little compensation for your trouble.

Christen L said...

Wow. That's ridiculous! I would write them a letter for sure! Last time my family had something like that happen, my Mom wrote them. We ended up getting a free trip voucher. I've heard tons of horror stories about Delta. Ugh! So sorry you had to deal with all that!

Very cool that you got to spend some time in NY, though. :)

Can't wait to hear more about your referral.

Deb said...

Wow! That was a bad trip.
Glad you made it home safe though.

Denise :o) said...

Glad to see your back and that you had a good time... except, for Delta of course. Don't even get me started on them! I've never like flying Delta. I always have issues with them!

Anyway, I'm anxiously waiting word on your referral.