Friday, August 31, 2007

A few updates

We started working on the nursery this week. I was so excited to work on it. Shane said he will be glad when it's done (MEN!). We have painted, put the chair rail up and assembled the furniture. It's slowly coming together. I won't be posting pics till we are completely done (sorry). I got a little tykes toy box on ebay that matches the colors in his room. It was just delivered a few minutes ago and it is cute!

He now has some clothes in his closet and dresser. My order from Kohls came in (most of it did anyways). It will be easier when I know what size he wears, but in the meantime, I have bought for 12-24 months. Shane asked me how much clothes does a baby need. I guess he forgot who he was talking to and what my favorite thing to do is - SHOP! I will just buy stuff and sneak it in his closet and hope he doesn't notice.

I think we have almost decided on a first name. We are 90% sure we are going with this name. It has been a long road to come to this. Naturally, every name I liked he didn't and vice versus. We aren't sharing it...yet.

We registered for gifts, sorta. For some crazy reason, I took Shane and his friend with me and let's just say, I will have to go back and redo most of it. He thinks he needs to touch and try EVERYTHING out. Anyone elses husband like this?!?

There is no news on the referral front. We are patiently (or impatiently) waiting. Our agency said we should hopefully hear something in the next few weeks, so we will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is coming together in the room. We will have to come by & check it out. I was wondering before when you said you had ordered clothes what sizes you were getting. I have seen a few things but, wasn't sure. Where did you register? Yea, the only store men belong in is HOme Depot or something similar.
Names are really hard to pick & agree on, but I'm sure yours is a good one.

Deb said...

Hope the nursery is going well. I shop all the time and am lucky Dave's not home when I come in. He has no idea how much clothes our kiddo has already. Shh!!!
And I'm the same as Shane I want to touch it all and turn them all on to make noise.

I got your card!!! Thanks for being my SBP!