Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This mommy job

Is hard work especially when you have a child attached to your hip! Things are going good so far. It has been an adjustment for all of us, but he has done really well. My MIL stayed with us for a few days when we first got home and it was nice to have her help. My sister then stayed the weekend with us and got to see the variety of personalities that her new nephew has.

He still loves baths. We have to keep the door closed otherwise he will try and climb in the tub clothes and all. He thankfully sleeps through the night, but we are still battling naps. He loves to eat and I haven't found anything that he doesn't like. The bonding/attachment is going really well. He makes plenty of eye contact, he loves to be held/snuggled with, he loves to be kissed and occasionally you will get a kiss to. He will let others hold him, but always comes back to his mommy and daddy. He loves to be outdoors and is content with being pushed around in his strollers. We have already taken several walks. He is warming up quicker to the dogs and cats than they are to him. They have been our babies for years and are not used to sharing us. Not much seems to overstimulate him and he is pretty laidback. Though, he is your typical toddler and wants to get into everything.

We had this shirt made for his homecoming at the airport, it says "Precious cargo from Russia":



Friday we had his little Christmas:


Sunday, my sister and us took him to the aquarium:


Monday, my mom, brother, sister and I took him to the zoo:


Yesterday we went to the pediatrician, then had lap work done. Boy what a long and fun day that was! He weighs a whopping 19 pounds and has an ear infection. Having to hold your screaming child while they poke around his arms to draw blood is the most heartbreaking thing ever. How does dad get all the easy jobs?!?

I realize I have been a bad blogger. It is hard to find the time to get on here and post or to read/comment others blogs. For that I am sorry. Eventually I will figure out how to balance everything out.

Some other pictures:


9 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

He has been a busy boy! He is adorable. Hope his ears feel better soon.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Yea!!! I'm so excited to see all of your pictures and to hear that he is doing so well! I'm so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

Does it feel real yet? He is so adorable. I am sorry to hear he has an ear infection. Hope he feels better soon. I was just telling my hubby the other day, I can't wait until we get to experience taking our little one to the zoo and aquarium. Have fun and enjoy him!

Ryan and Amy said...

Hi is such a doll. Glad to hear he is doing so well. The adjustment is difficult but I can promise that it gets easier...you eventually will find balance.

Christen L said...

Oh who cares about commenting on our blogs!?! Enjoy Bryson... for now. hehe. :) Sounds like you are doing well and he has adjusted amazingly! He's so cute and I love your little outfits for him.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look how cute he is!! Marie, it sounds like he is doing so so well. He must have had very good care at his baby home and has transferred his feelings of attachment very easily to you and Shane. What a blessing!!!

I totally understand the trying to find time to read and post...I go through phases of being able to do a lot after Owen goes to bed and then those where I need to go to bed when he does!

Good luck with naptimes! Keep up the good work!

Deb said...

Totally understandable to not have much time on the computer when you have such a cute bundle of energy at home.

Glad he's doing so well. Hope he gets over the ear infection quickly.

Beth said...

He looks so happy Marie! And adorable as well. Enjoy every moment. Love the Precious Cargo T-shirt.

Suz said...

Wow, it looks like things are going really well for you all!

Remind us again, how old is Bryson now??