Saturday, February 9, 2008

We are here

Yes, we have made it to Moscow. Thank you everyone for the well wishes. They were so nice to read. I was going through internet withdrawls. It is so nice to be in a Marriott compared to the last hotel we were at. We picked him up yesterday afternoon and it was bittersweet. After the baby home we went straight to the airport. He did so well on the flight home. Though I did have my first taste at real mommyhood. Yes, I have a poop story. It was an explosive diaper that went up his back and down his legs. I took him to the bathroom as fast as I could and as soon as I shut the door, he started screaming. There was no changing table in the bathroom of this plane, so it was quite a chore to change him without wearing too much of it. I was so afraid someone was going to knock on the door because they thought I was abusing him.

Our first night went well. Naturally he didn't want to go to sleep. He really has been so good. Full of smiles and laughs and the occasional fake cry. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves to make sure this is all real! It really is difficult to type with a one year old running around, so I will type more later. Until then, here are some pictures:


Friday 1/25:


Saturday, 1/26:

Sunday, 1/27:


Monday, 1/28:

Tuesday, 1/29:

Thursday, 1/31:

Sunday, 2/3:

Friday, 2/8:

8 comments:

Deb said...

Initiation into mommyhood! So glad you're in a more comfortable place now. He's a cutie!

Ryan and Amy said...

YEAH!!! Doesn't Moscow seem like another world? Love the poop story. He is absolutely adorable. CONGRATS Mama!

Denise :o) said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys!! He is so adorable. You all look very happy! ;o) Love the poop story too and don't worry... there will be more and your husband can get the next one. ;o)

Hope your stay in Moscow is short but sweet. Which Marriott are you at?

Cindy said...

I'm so happy that you finally have Bryson with you and are one step closer to going home. He's so cute!

Christen L said...

Thank you for sharing the photos ;) He really is adorable and you guys look so happy! Poop story... eewww! But, whatever - you have your son with you - FOREVER! :) Woohoo!

Can't wait to hear more about court. Be safe while you are in Moscow and hopefully you can enjoy some of the city sights. Praying for a safe return home to FL!

ps - Frank loved the picture of Bryson with the mini-basketball in his mouth. He loves bball and he said, "they are doing it right. You have to give them a bball from day one." I didn't want to tell him I wasn't sure if that was yours or the baby home's toy. haha. Men are so funny. I think he's most excited to have a son to play sports with. :)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Bryson is so cute, and I'm so glad things worked out well in the end and that you are so close to bringing him home! He is adorable, and I love his big brown eyes! I'm so happy to hear that things have gone so well. And I can't believe the first blow out diaper happened in the plane! Yikes! :) The Marriott is wonderful, isn't it?? Congrats on making it to Moscow! You are in the home stretch!

P.S. By the way, if you are close to the HUGE McDonald's near Marriott Grand and TGI Fridays, they have free wireless internet!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Magical! I am so Happy for you guys! Welcome to "familyhood"

Beth said...

So happy for you, Marie! Bryson is an absolute cutie. Safe travels home.