Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Big News

We received a possible referral for a little boy. We got the call last week and it totally took us by surprise. We have been debating whether or not to tell others since it's not for sure yet. He doesn't come off the database till September, so we wouldn't be able to travel till then to meet him. Once we agreed to register our dossier in this region (which we agreed), we will receive medical information and a photo. My agency is just not sure when we will receive this information. Hopefully we receive it soon, so that we can have it checked out by an IA doctor and make the final decision on whether or not to travel and meet him. All we know right now is it is a boy and he will turn 1 sometime in September. That is a little older than we were hoping for, but we are getting used to the idea.

If it all works out, we will travel in September and that is not far away. There is so much to do!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

(I forgot to put my name... ooops) -Cherice.

Christen L said...

WOW - CONGRATS! That caught me off guard. I thought you'd have a lot more time before you reached that point in the process! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Can't wait to hear more. Which agency are you using? If you don't feel comfortable posting it online, you can email me :)

christenellis@gmail.com

Deb said...

Wow! That's amazing. Congratz. I hope you receive his info soon. Can't imagine how hard it is to wait without info.

Jeff & Maria said...

Thrilling, we meet our son when he was thirteen months old and he was home by fifteen months old. It is a great age. He was home for his first steps, words and lots of kisses. Wishing you all the best.
Maria

Laura said...

Awesome news! Congratulations!
I just found you blog via Debbie. Our son came home in 2003 and daughter came home in 2007 (Feb). If you can, check out the Russian Database online and see which boys are born in Sept 2006. Feel free to e-mail me if you need help.
Congrats again! I know how excited you are!
hugs,
Laura

Allison said...

Just found your blog through Debbie's blog. That's amazing that you've heard such good news so soon. Congratulations! Little boys are wonderful (we have two adopted from Russia in 2005 and 2006). I hope this turns out to be your son!
Allison

Denise :o) said...

Wow! This brings me back. It was almost exactly this time last year we were told the same thing about our son. We had a referral... sort of. It was more like he was put "on hold" for our agency for when he came off of the registry. He was a boy and born at the end of Semptember.

Congratulations! I know it's an amazing feeling. Can't wait until you know more!!!! :o)

PS. Just found your blog from a friends. I'll be checking back often to read about your progress.

Anonymous said...

We are wishing the best for all of you & hopefully you will have that baby with you soon. Aunt Candy

Danigirl said...

I am a little slow on reading your blog but wanted to congratulate you & Shane on your referral. So exciting. I will pray that this referral turns into a child you have waited and hoped for.

Truly, Danica