Friday, July 20, 2007

This weekend

Well, we are out of here shortly for the weekend. Last year at the Strawberry Festival we bought a vacation package for River Ranch. Little did we know, that we had to attend a timeshare tour. They did not tell us this part till we got our information in the mail. We couldn't get our money back, so we decided to suck it up and make reservations. I called back in March and was not able to get a reservation till July, so this is the weekend we go. River Ranch is like a dude ranch resort located here in Florida. They have cabins, hotel, airboat ride, buggy ride, horseback riding, rodeo, pool, saloon, fishing, etc. My parents used to bring us there all the time when we were kids. Our package is for 4 people, so we have decided to bring my brother and sister with us. Those who are new to our blog, my brother and sister are much younger (17 & 13). They mean the world to us and we are very close with them. They spend most weekends at our house. They are very excited to become an uncle and aunt, but I think it's going to be an adjustment for them to not get 100% of our attention once the baby is here. So this is like a little vacation with them before the craziness begins. I have lots of great memories of River Ranch from when I was a child so I hope it is still just as great. We would like to bring our child there in the future, like my parents did with us.

There has been no word yet on the adoption front. Still don't have medical information. With going out of town this weekend, then I am going to New York next Thursday-Sunday, so I haven't had a ton of time to think about (okay I'm lying). I figured I would give my agency a call after I get back from NY next week.

The baby's bed set came in and I love it! It looks even better than it did in the picture. We also ordered a dresser and changing table last week. It should be delivered next week sometime. I have a few things I want hubby to finish up around the house before we start on the nursery. I can't wait!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

Christen L said...

pictures??? That is so exciting!! Oh nursery decorating.... it's such a dream of mine.... can't wait for those days!

Have a great trip! :)

Deb said...

Have a great time this weekend. I'm sure your brother and sister will love having your complete attention for a few days.
I hope we get to see pictures of the nursery once you get it together.

Allison said...

I hope you had a great weekend. It sounds like fun!
Also, I love your bedding. You'll have to show us some pictures when you get to work on the nursery!