Monday, December 10, 2007

I've been tagged

I was tagged by Tanya:
  1. Wrapping paper of gift bags? Christmas time is the only time I use wrapping paper. Even then I still use gift bags. They are just easier.
  2. Real tree or artificial? I grew up using artificial trees, so we have continued to use the same. They are just easier.
  3. When do you put up your tree? We usually put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving or the first weekend in December. This year we have opted out of putting any decorations up because we don't know where we will be at Christmas.
  4. When do you take the tree down? The weekend after Christmas.
  5. Favorite gift received as a child? A huge two story dollhouse that my parents built for me. It was very detailed with furniture and everything.
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? Shamefully, no.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? That would be my mom. She is always telling me there is nothing she needs, but yet, she is always out shopping.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? Shane! Although my husband is an adult, he gives his mother and I his Christmas list (and birthday list) months before.
  9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of any.
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I can't wait till the little one is home so we can include a family picture in the cards each year.
  11. Favorite Christmas movie? I can't think of one, but I normally like any of them.
  12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually a few months before.
  13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. That's not to say I haven't considered it, but I have never re-gifted anything.
  14. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Pumpkin pie.
  15. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? We have both. I think.
  16. Favorite Christmas song? I don't have one.
  17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? On Christmas morning, we normally go to my parents, but that will change once B is home. We will stay home and everyone will have to come to us!
  18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Can I google them?!?
  19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Right now we have a star because I can' t find the perfect angel.
  20. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve we exchange gifts with my extended family. Then on Christmas morning, we open gifts to each other and from Santa. Growing up, on Christmas Eve my parents allowed us each to pick a gift from under the tree to open early.
  21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How packed the stores are. I have no patience for it.
  22. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? I can't think of any corny ones.
  23. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? ???
  24. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? Both. I have no preference, though ours is a homey one.
  25. What does Christmas mean to you? It's my favorite holiday. I love to decorate, buy gifts, give gifts and spend time with family. I think Christmas will bring on a whole new meaning once B is home.

I now tag Christen and Amy (I know you are in Russia, but I figured this would give you something to do when your bored).

1 comment:

Christen L said...

Aww thanks. :) I love Christmas time and I'm in the spirit now that we're heading back to Michigan for the holidays. I will post on my blog asap.