Monday, December 3, 2007

Letter from Bryson

Dear family & friends,

You must care deeply for me to be reading this note. I can't wait to meet you, but there are some special things you should know about me. I will soon began to learn what it means to have a mommy and daddy and how to be part of a family. For this reason, please allow my parents to do all my caretaking, including holding, comforting, feeding me and laying me down to sleep. You are welcome to play with me and smile and talk to me. My mommy and daddy have been told by experts that this will help me learn as fast as I can how to be a happy and healthy part of my new family.

Hugs & Kisses,
Bryson

5 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

This is so sweet! I hope you don't mind if I borrow this lovely idea when we get closer to our second trip. I'm glad your sale is over, that you made some extra cash, and that you're de-cluttering your home to make room for your son! Good stuff.

cm

Christen L said...

What a great idea! I'm sure people will understand and give you your space.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

This is so important!!! Good for you for telling everyone now. :)

Joy said...

Marie,
You put this so nicely. I have been worried about how I will tell my family about this part of the adoption process. My sister-in-law thinks that she will be traveling with us on the second trip.
Joy

Denise :o) said...

This is very important information for your family to know!!!! I will say though, that is much harder to implement when the time comes! ;o) Some people hate the 10 day waiting period, but we LOVED it just for the bonding experience with out anyone else around. Enjoy every second of it.

PS. Love the new chair and the nursery!!!! Bryson is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it too!!