Thursday, December 27, 2007

Today, B turns 14 months old

Today, B turns 14 months old. Every day we continue to miss him getting older and older. Nothing could have prepared us for this wait. Although it has only been 6 weeks since we left Russia, the wait has been so hard. It doesn't help that I walk into his nursery at least once a day. We are constantly talking about all the different things we plan to do with him and places we want to bring him. We still won't hear anything till mid-January when they open back up from the holiday closures. We keep trying to look at the positive side of having a court date in January, it will start our year off in the most amazing way. We miss our little baby and can't wait to see his face and hold him again. We hope he hasn't changed to much since we last saw him.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was very nice and relaxing. Every year we go to my parents house on Christmas morning to watch my younger siblings open their gifts. This year was bittersweet because it was the last year we planned to go to my parents. Next year, Christmas will be at our house with our little one and everyone will have to come visit us. It will be so much fun!

4 comments:

JennStar said...

You are right!! This will be the last Christmas without little man!!! Next year, everyone will join in your home and rejoice at the new tradition of spending such a special day with Bryson. Here's to a great 2008 for your family!!

Deb said...

Mid January is really only a couple of days away. I hope you hear something soon after the new year.

Joy said...

Marie,
I feel the same way it being bittersweet. We told everyone that this was the last year we were going to travel. I have to say I do like traveling to everyone's home for Christmas. I hope I do not miss it that much.
Joy

Tanya and Don said...

Hugs!!!