Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day! Mine was extra special this year being that it was my first. Through all the years of infertility, it was hard imagining that one day I would actually be a mother and be able to celebrate this day. This year I am unbelievably thankful that I was able to and I feel so lucky to be Bryson's mommy.

On Friday, I received my first handmade Mother's day gift from Bryson. I was so excited to get this gift that I called everyone and told them. He made me some bath salt which was in a bag that he put stamps on and attached was a sweet poem with his little hand prints on it. Naturally, the poem brought tears to my eyes as I read it.


On Saturday, we met my MIL for lunch. We had a very nice time and I know that she was happy to see Bryson since she doesn't get to see him that often. Sunday we spent the day at my mom's. We took Bryson to the park at the end of my parents road, barbecued and swam in the pool. It was a nice and relaxing day. Bryson also got me a few other gifts: a teddy bear holding a picture of him and I (courtesy of my MIL) and a beautiful bouquet of roses (courtesy of Shane and my mom).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh that is so wonderful! I am very happy for you and thrilled that you had such an awesome mothers day! That is so sweet!

Ryan and Amy said...

Happy Happy Mothers Day Marie!

Beth said...

So glad you had an amazing Mother's Day!

Christen L said...

I just wanted to wish a Happy (belated) Mothers Day to one of my most favorite mothers. :)