Tuesday, May 27, 2008

tubes, breathing treatments & hospital

My baby turned 19 months today, but unfortunately he is spending that day in the hospital. Bryson woke up Friday with a nasty cough. On Sunday, he had a runny nose and was congested. By yesterday, he sounded, looked and felt terrible so I decided to take him to an after hours pediatric doctors office. We were there 5 hours! They gave him 3 breathing treatments, but he was still wheezy and not doing well. At that point, the doctor decided to admit Bryson to the hospital. Definitely not the ending I was expecting. We arrived and our room was ready. They drew blood, did a chest x-ray, cleaned out his nose. The x-ray ruled out pnemonia and RSV. We did a breathing treatment every 4 hours since we arrived there and that was not fun! He really hated it and it took while to calm him down after. I stayed the night with him and he was very restless, so I am running on little energy. Shane met me there around 11a today so I could come home and work a little. I will go back up after work and stay again tonight. Before I left today, he was sleeping, but was having a little problem breathing so they put the oxygen tubes in his nose. It is the most heartbreaking thing to see. I will post more later.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope Bryson gets to feeling better soon. Take care of yourself. Call if you need anything.

Samantha

Just Me said...

I'm so sorry, You know you can call me if you need anything. I'm there for you. I hope he gets better soon. What hospital are you at? Keep me updated and if you need someone to talk to call me at home or my cell. I know it's hard to watch your little one going through all that but it will make him better.
Love ya,
Michele

JennStar said...

Oh no!! That's terrible. I hope they find out what the issue is quickly!!!
I just figured out that Sunshine is 2 days older than Bryson. That's fun.

yorkiemom said...

I'm so sorry. Hope Bryson is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

We are keeping Bryson in our prayers. You are an awesome mother and everything will be just fine. Take care of yourself!

Love,
Katie & Scott

Christen L said...

Marie -

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that things go better today/tonight. Glad to hear it wasn't RSV or Pneumonia. That's good! Keep us updated.

Dana and Scott said...

I understand breathing treatments all to well! The never ending hyper energy - it is exhausting.
Thinking of you,
Dana

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear that Bryson is so sick. I hope that he gets better quickly so he can come home from the hospital soon. I'll keep him and you all in my prayers!

Denise :o) said...

I'm so sorry!! I hope Bryson feels better soon and that you get some rest! Take care!!! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

He will be in my thoughts until I hear he is better. I wish I was closer to offer some help or support.. I hope he feels better soon.

Russian Adoption Chronicles said...

Oh poor baby! Hope is on the mend soon, will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. Keep us posted.

We dealt with 4 weeks of those treatments and they were not fun. I hope I never have to take that machine out of the box again.