Friday, May 30, 2008

My baby is home

After running many tests and x-rays, they determined that Bryson had bronchitis. They were having a hard time getting it to break up in his chest. They also wanted him to go without oxygen for 24 hours so they finally weened him off of it Wednesday afternoon. They continued to do the breathing treatments every 3-4 hours through his whole stay there. He especially disliked the nose cleaning. As soon as they would enter the room, he would freak out and grab me. We would wrap him up in the blanket, but everytime he would get out. The nurses called him little Hercules because he is so strong. All the nurses were so sweet and so good with Bryson. I stayed up there all 3 nights and I am exhausted. The chair might be slightly comfortable to sit in, but definitely not to sleep in. Shane's grandmother was kind enough to come down on Thursday morning and met me at the hospital so I could go to work while she watched him for the day. Despite everything he went through this week, he was in a good mood. On Wednesday and Thursday they disconnected him from all the wires and tubes during day so that he could move around the room and he was into EVERYTHING! They finally released him late yesterday afternoon. It was so good to be home with him. He was quite excited to be home as well and dragged out all his toys as he ran around the house. He is better, but is still congested and breathing a little heavy. We still have to continue the breathing treatments so that put a damper on his night. By 6:30p he was exhausted so we laid him to bed and he crashed out. I took advantage of it and went to bed early as well. My MIL is here for the day so that she can watch Bryson while I work.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, prayers and kind words! Now I leave you with some pictures from his hospital stay:


9 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

So glad he is home and doing better! Hope you get some rest this weeknd, it sounds like you need it!

LC said...

I'm happy to read he is home and doing better.

The last photo of him is so cute! Looks like you had your hands full.

JennStar said...

I'm so glad he's home and he's doing better!! Poor little guy- and poor Mommy, too!! :o)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm so glad that he is feeling better and that he finally got to come home. It sounds like it was a horrible bout of bronchitis for him to be that sick! I hope you all are able to relax and get some much needed rest this weekend!

Patti said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog! I'm so sorry to hear about Bryson's bronchitis, but thank goodness he is home now. I'm sure it has been a stressful and tiring couple of days. I can relate to lots of your struggles with parenting. Our son will be 3 in August, but I have days where I am completed overwhelmed and wiped out with discipline and watching his every move. I don't blog about much of our struggles, but they are there, and you are definitely not alone. Your son is such a cutie. I hope you get in a little rest and relaxation this weekend.

yorkiemom said...

Glad he's home, although he does look like he was having fun once he got to run around :)

Hope you both get some well deserved rest.

Denise :o) said...

Poor baby boy!! Glad to hear he is home and starting to feel better!!!

Kris said...

So glad he is home! What a relief, definitely not fun to watch them go through that, but so resilient they are. He looks precious in his little gown!

Tanya and Don said...

Oh my goodness is Bryson ever cute in the hospital gown. What an adorable little man, somehow I bet he stole every heart nurses' heart! So glad he is home and on the mend. Can't imagine the week you have had. Big hugs!
Tanya