Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thankful


As I sit and watch my son run around the house, I think of how thankful we are. Not only because he was brought into our lives, but we are also thankful to another family. There was a family before us on our agency's waiting list for Novosibirsk. This other family received Bryson's referral first, but for whatever reason, they turned him down. As he gives me hugs and kisses, I can't help but wonder how they could have ever turned down that sweet face with those gorgeous big brown eyes. I am sure they have their reasoning and for that I am thankful. If they would never have turned down Bryson, he would have never blessed our lives the way he has. He has been our son for 15 weeks and it's hard to imagine a time when he wasn't here.

5 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

Wow! That is amazing! Isn't it so cool how God chose him from the beginning to be your son?
Blessings,
Penny

Anonymous said...

I agree(with the above comment), he was meant to be yours! I am so very happy for you!

Christen L said...

That's so sweet. Amazing how things work out... He was definitely meant to be your son. You just had to wait a bit before he was brought into your life. I can't wait to feel what you're feeling... :)

Beth said...

Isn't it amazing how that happens? It was the same with Luca, another family turned him down before we received his referral and I am soooo grateful for that! Enjoy all those hugs and kisses :)

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I love hearing that it's hard to remember a time that he wasn't with you! I'm so ready for that day / feeling.

He is such a cutie :)

cm