Sunday, April 27, 2008

18 months

I can hardly believe my baby is 18 months today! We received Bryson's referral 2 1/2 weeks before his 1st birthday and now he is already 1 1/2 years old. Where has the last 6 months gone? He is doing well, but we are possibly having some terrible two moments a little early. Temper tantrums are is speciality. You got to love those moments! Though when he brings me a book and wants to snuggle on my lap while we read it (and close it, open it, read it, close it, open it), you forget about all those frustrating moments. I return back to work on Wednesday. Naturally I am not very happy that the last 14 weeks (from the day we left for Russia) have flown by, but my time off is coming to an end. Bryson starts daycare on Monday. I plan to bring him there for just a couple of hours on Monday & Tuesday to let him slowly transition. I am trying not to think about the fact I won't be with my baby all day anymore. I am just trying to remember the positives of him going to daycare. He received his U.S. passport in the mail this past week. I have tackled everything he needed to get except for the re-adoption which we hope to do in the next couple of months.

3 comments:

LC said...

Cute picture of the two of you!

JennStar said...

I love these shots!! I thought about you guys today- how was his 1st day??

Kris said...

Cute as ever! Happy 18 months!!!
How did his first day at care go? I am sure it must have been so hard on you--definitely not fun!