Monday, April 14, 2008

Appointments and more appointments

It feels like most of my maternity leave has been filled with various appointments. Some may not agree with all that I am doing and how soon since we have only been home 2 months, but it is much easier to get everything out of the way while I am off. We applied for his social security number and received it last week. We have a very busy week ahead of us. Today we went and did his passport. Wednesday we have a brainscan scheduled. Our pediatrician was concerned about something found in his medical and referred us to a neurologist. That doctor doesn't feel there is anything wrong, but the only way to find out for sure it to have the brainscan done. I am in no way thrilled about it, but I would rather get it over with to ease all of our minds. They have to sedate him so he can only have about 5 hours of sleep the night before. Can I tell you how fun it will be with us both running on that little of sleep! Than Friday, he has to have his 15 month shots. I don't do well with shots, so bringing him to get shots will be even harder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok email me and update me on this brainscan thing. Also the whole shot thing I'm feeling your pain. I have to take Madison for her K-5 shots and she has already asked me to tell the doctor to give the shot with out needles. So a nurse and I will be holding her down. This should be fun. I can't wait.

Michele

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope everything is okay with Bryson. They put so much scary stuff in those medicals, and it seems like most of it ends up meaning nothing from what I've heard. However, I'm sure you will feel so much better to be able to rule out whatever they are concerned about. Let us know how things go!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christen L said...

Aww. Poor Bryson. No one likes shots. It'll be okay, though. Kids are so resilient. Keep us updated on the brain scan thing. I'm sure it's nothing. From what I hear, the medicals are really scary and often not accurate.

Anonymous said...

You and Bryson will be in my thoughts until you update us all and tell us that everything is just perfect! You have an adorable son!