Friday, April 18, 2008

I hate shots

My poor little baby had a rough day. He was given his 15 month & 18 month shots today, for a total of 4. The first one went into his leg with no reaction from him, but for the last 3, he screamed. He was so upset with me. Shane doesn't know this, but I think he is bringing Bryson next time. I am pretty over all these doctor visits, shots and blood drawn.

He is 31 inches long, which means he has grown an 1 1/2 inches since our first visit with the pediatrician a week after returning home. He weighs 20 pounds & 5 ounces. He weighed 19 pounds when we brought him home, gained a pound, lost that pound with the giardia and has now gained a little over a pound back. He is slowly growing. Eventually he will be able to wear pants bigger than he 9 months pants/shorts. He is still tiny compared to most kids his age. Most people don't believe me when I say he is 17 months. Oh well! I would be happy if he could stay this size forever!

The neurologist called today with the results from the brainscan and said everything looked normal. We were very pleased to hear that. We (as well as the neurologist) knew there was most likely nothing wrong, but we wanted to be sure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that the tests came back normal. I have been thinking about you since I read about it. Very good news!

Yes he is growing slowly, but I can tell, just from the pictures that his personality continues to grow every day! He is absolutely adorable!

Beth said...

So glad that all the tests came back normal - I am sure it is a relief.

Luca was small like Bryson...they grow by leaps and bounds though.

Bryson is just so adorable...love the Favorite Photo Friday!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It's great to hear that the brainscan was okay. I'm glad those shots are behind you, too. I'm not looking forward to those with our little boy either!

Kris said...

So glad the results were fine!!! Alek had to go thru CT scans since his head was so small, but look at him now!!

Glad that is over!!

Your pics are great, he is so cute and what a little ham!

Christen L said...

So glad to hear everything was good. Cute pictures and as far as food goes - no advice here. I'm totally inexperienced... although I would say it looks like he likes soft, gooey textures and sweets. A kid after my own heart. ;)