Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The test is done

Thankfully the brainscan is done and over with. It was very hard keeping him up last night and entertained. Finally a little after 11p I laid him down for bed and went to bed myself. I woke him up around 5:30a this morning and fed him breakfast. He looked a little confused when I came into his room so early this morning. We were told to be there at 10:30a for an 11a appointment. Naturally, they were running behind. They moved us from the waiting room in the front to a waiting room in the back. Finally around noon they came in to give him the sedation. He didn't like the taste of it, so I wore most of the first batch. We were able to force the second one on him, but by then he was so upset. I started rocking him and within minutes he was asleep. I was able to go into the room with him while he was having the scan done. I am thankful that I was able to stay in there with him, but it was also scary to see my little baby go inside this big, noisy machine. They ran the multiple tests which took around 30 minutes. The fun part was trying to wake him after they were done. I was able to get him to open his eyes, but only briefly. I tried everything to get him to wake up and stay awake, but it wasn't working. He was out cold! So we were stuck there for about 2 1/2 while the sedation slowly wore off. I thought I would be able to put him down for a nap once we got home, WRONG. He was wide awake and ready to go while I was dragging. I laid him down early for bed tonight, but now I can't fall asleep. I probably won't get the results back till our follow up appointment with the neurologist in May.

No comments: