Monday, April 21, 2008

First boo-boo

A few weeks ago Bryson got his first big boo-boo. We never really put him up on the couches with us, I normally sit on the floor with him. Well, one night I put him up there with me while we shared some pudding. He crawled from my couch across the ottoman to the couch Shane was sitting on, then crawled back. No problem, he did fine. Then he decided to crawl back to Shane except this time he was close to the corner of the couch that had our glass end table near it, so I was holding him. He crawled closer to Shane so I let go and in that instance he turned around quickly and fell and hit the end table. I saw it happen and I reached for him, but I was too late. He got hurt pretty badly and he was so upset (it didn't help that I was crying by this point either). It ended up making a pretty bad cut about an inch away from his eye on his cheek. Of course I felt guilty and felt like it was my fault. Everyone keeps telling me that was the first of many, but that doesn't make you feel any better when it's the first one. The next day he woke up with a black eye. Poor thing. It has healed now, but it looks like it is going to leave a scar. I have been putting scar medicine on it, so hopefully he will heal up better. I hate seeing the mark everytime I look at my baby's face.


The day after


A few weeks later

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, Marie! I know how you feel -
Luca's first booboo actually required a 911 call and a trip to the E.R. in an ambulance. I cried for days! ScarGuard works wonders, oh yeh, and a great plastic surgeon helped! Poor Bryson!

Troy and Rachel said...

Your poor baby - but boys will be boys. I'm sure I'll be looking forward to a few of those!!

Anonymous said...

Been there done that. I put Cherice in the very very hot car seat one day one the way home from daycare. The buckle was on her bare skin & I thought she was just tired & drove all the way home with her crying only to find out she had a very bad burn on her leg. I could go on but, then people would think I was a bad mother. Each one of my kids have experienced my lacks in judgement & survived. Bryson will too.

Teresa McDonald Bierbaum said...

Don't blame yourself. Every mom has one of these stories. Mine happened with the dog and Kyle does have a tiny little scar under his eye. I never even thought it would scar but it did. At least you thought of the scar meds. He's looking so great. You're doing a GREAT job mommy!

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Don't worry, AP has a black eye right now (actually now it's green) from hitting our coffee table!