Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First day back at work

Monday was Bryson's first day at daycare and it was probably harder on me than it was on him. When I woke him up bright and early at 6:15a, he gave me looks like "lady, what are you doing in here this early." I brought him into school and talked with his teacher for a few minutes. I set him on the ground and told him I would be back in a few hours to get him. That is when he leaned over and gave me a kiss on my lips. I almost lost it there. He has never been the one to initiate a kiss. I usually have to ask him for one. That is when I told the teacher I have to go and I was in tears before I got to the car. I cried all the way home. I had about a million errands to run, so it was easy to keep my mind off of him. Three hours later, I went back to pick him up and I could hear him crying before I reached his room. His teacher said he did really well all day but had recently started crying which didn't surprise me because he gets a little fussy between 10a-11a. He looked happy to see me and laid his head on my shoulder all the way to the car. Tuesday when I brought him to school, he would say good-bye or give me a kiss. When I came back to pick him up in 3 hours, he was once again crying. They were outside playing and they were in the little kids play area which is fenced off from the bigger kids play area (who were also outside playing at the time). Naturally my son wanted to play in the big kids area, so he was standing at the fence crying because he couldn't. He was once again happy to see me. The teacher told me they colored with markers today and not to be surprised if I see some on him. When I got home, I realized how much marker was on him. I asked him if he colored on the paper or just himself!

Today is my first day back at work. I work at home, so the walk from our bedroom to my office was nice and short. Some may wonder why I put B in daycare if I work from home. Those of you who have toddlers will understand that there is no way I could sit at a computer for 8 hours and get work done with B running around. He is very needy and wants your attention at all times which usually means I have about 5 minutes before he starts taking everything off the desk or standing at my chair screaming. This morning Bryson had yet another doctors appointment which daddy was so kind to bring him to. My mother also went with him so she could tell me what the doctor says since Shane only hears a few words and forgets the rest. If you are wondering what doctor he is going to now, it's the Rickets doctor. When the doctor in Moscow was examining Bryson, he mentioned that he has rickets. This was news to us, but not unusual for Russian children to have. After researching this, Bryson does have some of the symptoms such as his breastbone projection and his distended stomach. Hopefully the doctor will figure things out today.


Bryson's first day at school (yes I made him take a picture)

3 comments:

JennStar said...

Of course you need a picture!!!
I hope today went well!

Mom to 2 Angels said...

It's always harder on us than it is them :)

Beth said...

What an adorable first day of school pic!

Don't fret about the rickets diagnosis - many of the kiddos seem to have it. Jaxon had it on his medical and we had xrays done -nothing! With fortified milk/formula and sunlight the rickets seems to correct itself. Our doc said that the younger they come home the better - it really takes a few years of lack of vitamin D/calcium to effect the bone formation.